The various committees under the aegis of The Bar Council of Delhi are:
1. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: The Executive Committee shall be the Executive Authority of the Council and shall be responsible for giving effect to the resolutions of the Council. It shall have the power:-
- to propose investment of the funds of the Council
- to prescribe books of account, registers and files for the proper management of the affairs of the Council.
- to supervise the work of the members of the staff and propose their conditions of service
- consider the Secretary’s Annual Report and place it before the Council with its comments thereon.
- consider the annual budget prepared by the Hony. Treasurer for being place before the Council.
- to provide for proper annual inspection of the office and its registers.
- to authorize the Secretary to incur expenditure within prescribed limits.
- and to do all other things necessary for discharging the aforesaid functions.
2. DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE
- A Disciplinary Committee under the provisions of the Advocates Act shall be constituted by the Council and its term shall be two and a half years or till a successor committee is constituted whichever is later.
- The co-option under section 9(i) of the Act shall be done by the Council by election.
- The procedure prescribed for the election of Chairman, Vice- Chairman, Treasurer or members of other Committees shall as far as possible be followed for co-opting such members.
- The senior most among the members shall be its Chairman
- The Disciplinary Committee can hold its meetings at New Delhi or at such other places as the Committee may decide, for speedy disposal of cases.
3. ENROLLMENT COMMITTEE: The duties of the Enrollment Committee shall be:
- to scrutinize enrollment papers filed by candidates and if they are found in order, to recommend their enrollment.
- to scrutinize and advice the Bar Council regarding any dispute relating to the order of seniority in the State Roll.
- to advice the secretary in the preparing and maintenance of the roll.
- The Enrollment Committee shall have power to exempt the requirement of one month notice in exceptional cases.
4. RULES COMMITTEE: Functions of the Rule Committee are :
- to formulate rules for the conduct of business of the Bar Council
- to frame rules as may be required.
- to study, consider and recommend matters referred to the Council, by the Parliament, Legislative Assembly and other bodies, regarding any bills or rules and report to the Council.
- to perform any other functions required by the Council from time to time.
5. The other committees are:
- ELECTION COMMITTEE
- LIBRARY COMMITTEE
- WELFARE COMMITTEE